Thursday, March 15, 2007

I'm just not meant to publish a blog....

It is hard for me to believe I haven't written anything for 3 months. I feel terrible. There actually hasn't been much to report from Doha. After returning from my trips to Egypt, the U.S., and the Bahamas in January, everyday life in Doha has been great, but unfortunately would not be very interesting for most of you.
The best news ever: I was just accepted to the University of Washington Medical School. Yipppppeeeee Skipppppeeeeee!!!!
The University of Colorado Medical School had accepted me long ago, but I applied to Seattle because of the crazy costs at Colorado. After a $1,000 and 65-hour roundtrip flight, my interview experience could not have gone better. I found out I was accepted only one week after the interview, and did a sort of sob/laugh/cry/body-shake kinda thing around my living room. Then, I may have done a celebration dance. Maybe. :)
Thanks to all my friends, family, and teachers for your support.
With a discount of $120,000 over 4 years (almost a house!), and it being one of the best medical schools in the nation, I will be moving to Seattle rather than Denver in July.
Actually, my first year is in Moscow, Idaho. It will be nice after all this time away to live in a place that feels so much like home.

So, that is all I have to offer for an update my dears.
Perhaps in the following weeks, I'll write something interesting or clever and post some photos.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations! I am proud as always!

Love, Mom

4/04/2007 07:58:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home