Wednesday, August 30, 2006

I AM STILL ALIVE!!!

To answer everyone's questions, "yes, I am still alive, and I made it back to Doha safely."

It just didn't feel right about posting on my blog from Idaho. I love Idaho, but then it would be Summer Days in Idaho. That is just not as exciting.

My summer went well. There was the week in China, and then the meet-up with my Aunt Carla, Scott, kid sister Sunny, Mom, and niece Orion. It was the first time I'd seen them all in 9 months. I stepped off my business class flight in the Seattle Airport, made it through customs and baggage claim only 15 minutes late, then looked around to find no familiar faces. Yup, that is right. After 9 months abroad they were late picking me up. Tsk tsk. The excuse: Orion had to go potty. Hmmmmm.
We spent the next few days exploring the Seattle Zoo and Aquarium, and Orion skillfully had 3 grown women wrapped around her adorable little finger.

A few days later, I was sad to leave my family. However, I was headed to Puerto Vallarta, Mexico to meet up with Lily and Natalie. Those two crazy girls are busy studying 10,000 hours/week in medical school. Why did I want to take another year off? I.....just.....can't........remember..............

Anyhow, back in Idaho I visited old friends - Leslie in Post Falls, Jen and Zack and their new baby in Montana, and the rest of the family (Jake, Cassi, cute little Kaydence). Six weeks of reunions and a shoulder surgery, then I was on my way again.

I went to Palm Springs, CA to visit my Dad and Uncle Rocky/Uncle Jim. It was 120 degrees there - heat wave. Then I went to NYC to visit friends - again with the 110 degree heat wave. Those were my two trips before heading to Doha, where it is 110-115 degrees. WHAT IS GOING ON?????

Ok, so, I am back in Doha. Life is good. I am happy, healthy, and very safe. So, no worries family and friends. I love and miss you all.

More on Doha to come.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home