Friday, October 13, 2006

I can't believe I'm still alive!

So.....I was looking at my blog and realized I should post something. Unfortunately, the last few days have put me in a foul mood for blogging.

After being in Doha for over a year (well, only 8 months total if you count all my holidays), I finally caught an intestinal virus, parasite, amoeba or whatever it is.

Needless to say, the last few days have been difficult. There were moments when it was impossible to believe my world would ever return to what it once was.
Anyhow, no details are needed other than I am no longer having the violent and painful abdominal cramps that persisted for three days - only minor ones remain.
The sad news: I have lost my love for food.
The happy news: all of my jeans fit. Woo-hoo.

Due to the current inhabitant in my gut, I missed the Ramadan celebration put on by Qatar Foundation, or perhaps there would be a posting and photos of that. The celebration inolves Iftar (breaking of the fast), sword dancing, henna, and other good stuff. I also missed a trip to Dubai to watch the rugby team in action. So, no new rugby or Dubai photos. Bummer.
I did, however, get to sleep for 18 hours a day for three days. Another woo-hoo.

So family and friends, that is sadly all I have to offer you from Doha this week. I leave for Morocco on October 20th, and as travel always leaves me with lots to say, perhaps you will hear from me again soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home